Viewing by month: June 2010
AJAX: The panacea for all of your Web 2.0 problems...
Well not really... AJAX can sometimes cause more problems than it solves. Especially if you don't have a good handle on exactly what it is you're doing with it. The AJAX frameworks available today are large and daunting, and can be extremely intimidating.
ColdFusion, sticking with its "make hard thing easier" mantra, has done a lot of work to make it easy to incorporate AJAX functionality into your sites. Unfortunately, this requires a little training as well :-)
To get you started, I'm happy to announce the release of ColdFusion 9: AJAX Controls and Techniques.
This course will take you through all of the basics of using AJAX controls and techniques in ColdFusion 9 (is that a descriptive title or what!?)
After watching this course, you'll come away with the following nuggets of wisdom:
- Manipulating and securing container contents
- Debugging AJAX behaviors
- Building UI elements such as accordions and border layouts
- Using rich prompts with cfmessagebox
- Understanding advanced cffileupload
- Sorting and grouping data in grids
- Binding data to form fields
- Creating a map with markers
I hope you enjoy the new title, and let me know if you have any questions. I'll be watching the comments :-).