Meet me at cf.Objective()
Today I posted on Twitter that I would need to re-evaluate my friendship with anyone who couldn’t make it to cf.Objective(). But alright alright… I’ll still be your friend, even if you don’t make it to cf.Objective. But you should… I just finished working up my schedule, and I’m once again excited to attend a conference. I’ve been “meaning to attend MAX again” for years, but the last few times I’ve been it’s seemed more a social event, and less an “inspire me to build great things” event. But I still remember hanging out with Jared, Sean, Simeon, and “the rest of the gang” after the first cf.Objective() conference I attended.
After that first cf.Objective() conference is when I first started digging deep into OO development, and when I feel I really started becoming a “programmer” and not just a “developer”. The last few years have been very stagnant for me, since I’ve spent almost all of my time maintaining and attempting to improve or refactor legacy applications. Well it’s time to throw my hat back in the ring and go get some smarts.
So here’s a list of everything I’m currently set to attend at cf.Objective(). If you’re able to make it, please find me and say hello.
- Undocumented and Off Script: ColdFusion & Ehcache
- Code Deployment Shouldn’t Only Be FTP - Using ANT to Automate Your Build Process
- ColdBox Platform 3.0
- Forms That Don’t Suck (Quick, Easy, & Clean Forms and Data)
- Refactoring a Legacy Application to an MVC Framework
- Designing for Scalability in ColdFusion
- Write a Test Once; Repeat Forever – You Don’t Have to Be a Unit Testing Guru
- Replace Your Iron with a Cloud
- Holistic Program Quality and Technical Debt
- Database Performance Tuning
- Pinpointing and Resolving ColdFusion Performance Issues
- Application Intrusion, Detection and Tracking
- Just Mock It! : Leveraging Mock Objects
- AOP For You and Me
Looking forward to seeing you there!